Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dandelion Season

Photo #1: Dandelion Baby
Photo #2: dandelion seeds waiting to be whisked away
Photo #3: Dandelion Swirlies
Photo #4: Dandelion Field

It is Dandelion Season indeed! And lucky for me, Spring Flower Season :) The spring flowers are bursting with color and fullness!!! After all the rain (that we're still getting) and the strong sun, we are having an incredibly bright and vibrant spring for flowers and tree blossoms. Some of the tree blossoms, the cherry ones to be exact, are so full with color and blossoms that they remind me of bulging heart arteries, going every which way, pumping out life and energy. My Mom and Nana always talk about taking Sunday afternoon drives with their parents back in the day. And I've been thinking how lovely those Sunday afternoon drives must have been for them if what they were driving through was anything like what we have before our eyes this Spring Flower Season! Just lovely!
And this season gives us so many surprises! Which buds will bloom today? Will the lettuce seeds sprout? Will the leaves change to a deeper shade of green? Are the lilies still blooming? How many cherry blossoms fell on my car this time....and how many birds left a deposit on my windshield?...lol
I've been itching to get out with my camera and capture it all! These next few weeks will give me a good opportunity for that! Tomorrow I'm heading out for a 2011 Spring East Coast Road Trip. We'll drive through the Allegheny Mountains to NYC and then head south to Washington D.C. to visit friends and explore the D.C. metro area. On our way back, we'll stop in Niagara Falls before heading back to Cleveland. Stay posted for pictures and stories :)

Sunday afternoon drive anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment