Saturday, April 30, 2011

Spring in Cleveland = Lovely

Photo #1: Spring in Upward Motion Photo #2: Blooming Outward
Photo #3: Magnolia and Spring Sky



Photo #4: Bursting Forth


May 1


It is officially spring here in northern Ohio! These past two weeks have been absolutely lovely. Its been rainy and a bit chilly but vibrant colors are exploding in every direction and the air smells of rich growth. Cleveland has been in hibernation for awhile now; its sky, dark and gloomy; its trees, bare and naked; its plants, dormant; its animals (including humans), hidden from the cold. Now, all sorts of new plants and bushes are springing up with life. It seems as everyone in Northern Ohio is moving out and about: hiking, running, biking, blading, playing, all beaming with smiles and joy and laughter. It's almost like having a psychedelic experience, as everything around and within you seems so unreal. One week everything is so bleak and dreary and the next, it is full of life, color, youthfulness, growth and vitality. The grey sky and the barren trees melt into the pinks of the magnolia, the yellows of the daffodil, the reds of the tulip, the purples of the hyacinth, the greens of the buds. It all sounds like a nice surrealist painting :)


Last week I decided on the University of Arizona in Tucson, where I will be spending the next 2-6 years of my life studying Hispanic Culture and getting my graduate degrees in Spanish. I will be an Arizonan desert woman in less than three months and so I'm spending my time here in Ohio walking and enjoying the lush greens and bountiful trees that are very much absent in the Arizonan desert. And I'm finding that spring walks here are just lovely; the sweet smells, the weight of the moist air on your skin, the blossoming flowers, the budding-shriveled up leaves, the chipmunks waking up from hibernation, and best of all - not having to wear a million layers to go outside! So go for a walk, I garantee you will find it to be just lovely!


Yes, spring is definitely here in Ohio :) I cannot begin to express my joy and gratitude!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment