Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Playa

Photo #1: Large Tree
Photo #2: Overlooking the Ruins
Photo #3: The Palace
Photo #4: Palenque Architecture


Photo #5: Temple
Greetings from Playa del Carmen, Mexico! I am currently in the Yucatan Peninsula, about an hour south of Cancun. I am here with my family for my cousin's wedding this weekend. We will be here for about a week, exploring the ruins, islands and beaches in one of the most beautiful parts of Mexico.
I left San Cristobal about a week ago and from there I headed to Palenque, home of some of the most famous and intact Mayan ruins in southern Mexico. They are situated in the middle of the jungle with tropical flowers, enormous trees, iguanas, lizards, monkeys, thousands of different birds and hot hot hot sun. Above are some pictures of the jungle and the ruins within it. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment