Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Hanover, New Hampshire

Gaucha's back!

It's been two weeks of hiking and I've gone 225 miles with 440 miles to go till I reach Mt Katahdin! I started my hike with friend Cat. We hiked through southern MA, into central MA where the ponds and usually bugs abound. Luckily for us, however, the bugs were not bad. It was definitely hot and humid but the breeze and ponds made up for it :) It was a great section overall and I'm very grateful to have had the opportunity to hike with her.

The trail in MA is definitely lovely but when I hit the MA/VT border, the trail definitely reached a whole new level of loveliness. Everyday I felt like I was hiking through this green lush paradise. The pine forests, mountains, creeks and streams are all covered in this beautiful soft moss and with the sun sprinkling in, it creates a hiker's heaven. No wonder they call the section the "Green Mountain Wilderness" :) The trail cuts through the wilderness and over some beautiful peaks, one of them being Killington Peak, the second tallest in Vermont. I was lucky enough to camp right at the summit and catch both the sunset and sunrise :)

At the border of NH and VT, I'm about to enter the Whites. Considered the most challenging and rugged section of the entire trail, I'll be bouldering hand over hand with my pack strapped tight to my back and my shoes laced nice and tight. Bring it!

Happy trails ya'll and GO OUT FOR A HIKE :) It's summer!!!!!!

(below are some pics of my hike thus far-enjoy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment